Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Resolutions, No Lingering

Coming to the end of 2009 and looking ahead to a new year, there are plenty of questions and uncertainties. I know for me there are plenty of concerns. But the same God who held us all in His hand and brought us safely through 2009 will lead and carry us through 2010. As we make our list of New Years Resolutions and all the goals we hope to reach and things we hope to accomplish, I'd suggest we all look back on the resolutions of Jonathan Edwards and fill our lives with the same passion and the same heart as that great man of God....and many more just like him.

My list this year contains more than just the usual "work out more," "loose five pounds," and "eat healthier" resolutions. Mine contains a much greater list of things I want to accomplish more for the Kingdom. Things like:

1. Point and lead more people to Jesus
2. Win more souls for Christ
3. Sing stronger and speak more boldly
4. Spend over an hour in prayer each day
5. Study the Bible with more fervor than ever before....

As we wave goodbye to 2009 and say hello to 2010, let us Christians be resolved to stand firm upon the Word of God, unshaken and uncompromising. At this time, preparing to ring out the old year, and ring in the new, I'm reminded of the great hymn that says,

I am resolved no longer to linger
Charmed by the world's delight

Things that are higher, things that are nobler
These have allured my sight

I will hasten to Him!
Hasten so glad and free
Jesus, Greatest, Highest
I will run to Thee

May it be so...



No comments:

Total Pageviews

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Bible Image: Creation Swap | Coffee Image: Pixmac