Monday, October 25, 2010

My Jesus

This month has been filled with traveling; revivals, weddings, and doctor's appointments. I have to say that this month has taught me many things. The revivals have been uplifting and it has been wonderful to meet new people, get reacquainted with old friends, encourage the young people, and see souls saved and lives renewed. It has been a blessed month. But along with being blessed, I have also been burdened. I have seen, more than ever before, a lack of interest in the Word, in the Gospel, and in Jesus Christ. I have seen a scary decline in the fear of God. I have seen empty hands without a Bible. I have seen immodesty. I have seen cell phones take the place of Spiritual hunger. I have seen and heard girls and boys, claiming Christianity, use filthy and perverted language. I have watched them drink, smoke, and hook up....and I have been consumed with righteous anger and an overwhelming sadness. More than anything, I long to see men and women step up and answer the sacred and holy call of our God and King. He is so worthy....

A few posts back, I blogged about my husband; how he is my love, my prince charming, my best friend, and how happy and utterly blessed I am to be his wife. Now, I would like to brag a bit about another Prince of mine who has my heart, and He is not of this world.

His name is Jesus Christ.

He is my Savior, my Redeemer, my Lover, my Creator.

He is my King, my Prince, my Captain, and my Healer.

He is my Forgiver, my Sacrifice, my Light, my Song, and my Leader.

He is my Refuge, my Rock, my Comfort, my Upholder, my Source of Strength....and He is my Salvation!

He is NOT a cuss word! He is not a reason to live your way. He is not an excuse to frustrate His grace.

He forgives, but He demands obedience. He calls us to live holy because He is holy.

He saved me from my sin. He saved me from eternal separation. He saved me from hell. FOR THAT REASON, I will live for Him. I will obey Him, I will follow Him, and I will serve Him. He deserves my allegiance, my loyalty, my respect, my praise - my ALL.   He is worthy of everything.

My Jesus....it is because of my relationship with Him that my earthly relationships survive. It is because of Him that I am alive and well. He is worthy of my life. How I wish others would love Him as much as I do. And how I wish I loved Him more than I do.

If you do not know my Jesus personally, you certainly can right now!

1. Admit you are a sinner
2. Believe Jesus is God
3. Confess your sins to Him
4. Ask His forgiveness
5. Invite Him into your heart and life


Lord Jesus,
Have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless. I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend.

I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.


Romans 3:23
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."


Romans 6:23
"...The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Romans 5:8
"God demonstrates His own love for us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us."

Romans 10:9
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."




No comments:

Total Pageviews

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Bible Image: Creation Swap | Coffee Image: Pixmac