Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankful || Week Two



On to week #2 of my Thankful list. It's good to remember all the blessings the Lord has rained down on us. AND it's good to proclaim it, as well!


8. My friends. There was a period in my life when I was a teenager when I had no friends. It lasted quite a long time. Then, out of nowhere, God began dropping amazing people into my life! Now, I am so blessed to say that I have many friends who are seeking the Lord. I have many friends who love Jesus and are passionate about purity. I won't attempt to name them all, but they know who they are and I am blessed and thankful to be able to call them my friends.

9. My ministry. I grew up in an Evangelist home. Buses, Churches, people's homes....I grew up in those places. I grew up with music and Bible studies. I grew up in a ministry that is still going strong, even after 42 years! I am thankful that I was raised in it. I am thankful I am still a part of it! And as Paul said, "And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry."

10. My Church. I love Church. Like I said, I was raised in Churches. And I am thankful for our home Church and the family it has. I love each member. I love the spirit there. And I am thankful that I know that truth will always be preached and taught there!

11. My country. I have been overseas. I have been to several countries... but none compare to mine. I am thankful to be born and raised in the good 'ole USA. I am thankful for the foundation our country was founded upon. Though our country is far from where we first began, I consider it an honor to be a U.S. citizen and I will gladly defend our nation because, whether the pledge of allegiance tosses it or not, we are and always will be One Nation Under God. I am thankful for my freedom that millions do not have. I am thankful for those who have served and have given their lives for my right to have this blog and speak truth. I am thankful for America.

12. My gifts and talents. The Lord gave each person gifts and talents. Everyone is unique and everyone was created for a specific and special purpose. And, like a body, each member has its own use. I am thankful that the Lord gave me the gifts and talents that I have. I love to sing. I love to write. And I am so grateful and thankful that He not only gave me the gifts and talents I posses, but He has also given me the honor of USING them for His glory.

13. My pets. I love animals. I have had kittens and puppies and ponies and cows and pigs (yes, I had a pig) and I am thankful that I have been able to enjoy the fun of having pets! Currently, I have a horse down at my folks' house which I am anxious to move up here once we get a place. I have a cat who roams around outside and keeps mice out of our house. :) And my husband and I have *ahem* several dogs outside, most of which are his huntin' dogs. But I am thankful for them too! I love watching them play and chase Grant around the yard and I can't wait until Nathan is chasing THEM around the backyard.

14. Hardships and Trials. It sounds strange but I am actually thankful for the hard times. I am learning that it is in the most difficult moments that we draw closer to the Lord. We learn to trust Him more. We learn to let go. We learn that He is truly our comforter. We learn that He will sustain us and uphold us. We may be terrified, but then we learn that He is our Peace. We may be broken, but then we learn that He is our Healer. We may be weak and tired, but then we learn that His grace is sufficient. I have had my share of horrible storms that I did not think I would live through. But I am THANKFUL for those times! One of my favorite songs includes the line, "What if my greatest disappointments and aching of this life is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy?" I am thankful that His blessings and His mercies and His love are sometimes born from hardships. If that's what it takes to learn more about my Savior and to draw ever closer to Him, then I'll embrace it.




No comments:

Total Pageviews

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Bible Image: Creation Swap | Coffee Image: Pixmac