Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Worship Like a Dog!

Our backyard is the home of about 10 dogs, due to my husbands love for hunting.

A few days ago, as I was washing dishes in the kitchen, I watched through the window as my husband walked outside onto the back porch. The puppies he had let out to play instantly ran to him, pouncing, barking, wagging their tails, and running in circles around him. I stood there, my hands in the dirty dishwater, staring at the little pups and how they worshipped my husband. It gripped me and I felt tears sting my eyes.

I love my Jesus. But do I worship Him like that?? When He graces my presence, do I run to Him with that much adoration and enthusiasm?

I have grown up in Churches and have seen many different types of congregations. Some openly worship the Lord with raised hands, closed or tear-filled eyes, happy smiles, or a sweet whisper (or shout!) of hallelujah! Others, however, sit still in their seats with clasped hands, and a deep-etched frown on their face. They appear utterly uninterested and complacent. When songs are sang or sermons preached about the amazing grace of God, there is no expression other than boredom.

I don't want to be like that! Oh God, may it never be so!

Psalm 150 says, Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

We were created to give the Lord praise! Not sit in a dreary stupor, watching the clock, anxious to leave His presence. When my Lord draws near, I want to run to Him, wag my spiritual tail, and "bark" my praise and worship!

......just like the dogs.

Do you?
     

Psalm 34:3
O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
          

No comments:

Total Pageviews

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Bible Image: Creation Swap | Coffee Image: Pixmac