Thursday, May 31, 2012

Natural Conditioner - Coconut Oil

A couple of years ago, I was introduced to the no-poo method of shampooing:

Baking soda. Vinegar. Water.

I loved it! However, my husband (who has a keen sense of smell) wasn't particularly fond of my hair carrying a whiff of vinegar. So what's a frugal natural-wanna-be to do?? Alas!

To take the place of the vinegar, I have introduced Coconut oil to my daily hair regimen.


* Coconut oil contains Vitamin-E. Nearly everyone knows the importance of vitamin-E for skin and hair. It keeps scalp and skin healthy and hair rejuvenated.
   
* Coconut Oil has a high moisture retaining capacity, since it is not broken down easily nor evaporated. It does not let moisture escape thus keeping hair moistened and soft. This prevents breakage of hair.
  
* Coconut Oil also has very good anti dandruff agents with its fatty acids. A regular application can help you get rid of dandruff for ever.

After you get out of the shower, drop a pea sized amount in one hand and rub together. Then evenly distribute through hair, using a comb if you can. Do not put more than a pea sized amount. Trust me.
There are so many health benefits in using coconut oil! Do your own research and be amazed.

1 comment:

Jessica Heights said...

Oh wow! I never would have guessed!

Total Pageviews

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Bible Image: Creation Swap | Coffee Image: Pixmac