Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Reese Cake

A couple of weeks ago, I experimented with my first-ever layered cake. It turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself. Today, I am trying something new and so.... *takes deep breath* ... Here I go!

First, I made one yellow, butter cake in a round pan.








After cutting the edges and transfering it to the cake plate, I made a second - the same way! While the second cake was in the oven, I took 8 Reese cups and blended them up with 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter.







After blending the middle filling up, I covered the bottom cake with the mixture. Then, I placed the second cake on top!



Next comes - the icing! I picked up a container of Chocolate Buttercream Icing at the supermarket and stirred in 2 large Tablespoons of peanut butter. Then, I iced! :) And voila! Here is the finished product.


 


 



Now, it is currently chilling in the fridge; waiting for tonight! Simple, yummy, and completely loaded with carbs. But ah well. :)

As much as my husband loves peanut butter, I cannot wait for him to sink his teeth into this!






















 ****EDIT****

The cake was ah-may-zing! (aka - amazing).



































No comments:

Total Pageviews

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Bible Image: Creation Swap | Coffee Image: Pixmac