Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Weather Is Fine

How I wish it would rain!!!

The picture above is what the sky looked like yesterday afternoon. As I went to pick up the mail, I got all excited. RAIN!!!! Finally! ....but my excitement was short lived. It barely sprinkled. And now, I am wistfully looking outside the kitchen window at the overcast sky, praying for a thunderstorm and a small mini-flood.

*sigh* Oh well. It may be a draught outside, but today I have had an internal shower! I had a refreshing drink from the Word today.

This morning, I decided to go back to Genesis and read the big story of creation, man and woman, sin, and God's long suffering forgiveness. I was blessed at the reminder of my sinful state and the Lord's redeeming love and mercy. I don't know about you, but I am finding out that I need to be reminded daily how gloriously sweet His salvation is. Sometimes we forget how much we need our Savior. I was reminded anew this morning. And my, was it refreshing!

After my morning devotion, I went about picking up the kitchen and putting on a load of laundry. Then I began scrubbing some paint spots I discovered on our kitchen floor (oops!). While I worked, I decided to put on some "cleaning music." So I plugged in my ipod and set it to one of my old favorite groups, Point of Grace. Lo and behold, I heard these words...

I need you to rain down on me
Please pour down your light

For this is my life-line
I need you to rain down on me
The weather is fine when you rain on me

The power of gladness takes control
When it's streaming from Your face...

Holy water falls as I lift my eyes
Then heaven flows straight through my spirit
As it carries your embrace....


The weather is fine when you rain on me



Well, outside may be dry. But inside me? My cup is overflowing. :)


No comments:

Total Pageviews

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Bible Image: Creation Swap | Coffee Image: Pixmac