Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tonight's Meal -- 07/31/10

I love Saturdays at home. Sleeping in, a late breakfast, cleaning here and there, playing with the dog, relaxing with the hubby, going for a walk....blogging. :) At the moment my DH (that stands for Dear Husband) is sprawled out on the couch playing guitar with my cousin, Dj who has been spending the week with us. And me? Well, after cooking them breakfast, doing two loads of laundry, and picking up the house, I am sitting at the desk in the office trying to figure out what to cook for supper. After browsing through the deep freeze and cabinets AND surfing around the wonderful world wide web, I have made a semi-small meal plan for tonight. Hip-hip-hooray! So, what is on the menu?



Well.... the main course will be Tilapia since we seem to have a gazillion fillets in the deep freeze. I surfed around and found this so-yummy-looking-it-might-stop-your-heart recipe:


Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

Ingredients

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
2 pounds tilapia fillets

Directions

1. Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.

2. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.

3. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.

Nutritional Information:
Amount Per Serving Calories: 203
Total Fat: 11.4g
Cholesterol: 59mg

Does that sound delicious or WHAT! Mmmm.

But no meal is good without a veggie and since I LOVE baby spinach and we have plenty, I have decided on this:


Cooked Baby Spinach

Ingredients:1 pound baby spinach, cleaned
3 tablespoons butter
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Preparation
:

Heat butter in a heavy skillet over medium-low heat until foamy. When foam dies down, add the spinach. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes, just until tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Serves 4
 
 
Next is a recipe that I am anxious to make myself. A few weeks ago, my mother-in-law made this dish and, though it sounds.... umm....interesting...it was fantastic! So, if I can summon up the courage, I believe I will make this:
 
Vegetable Croquettes

1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal 
1 to 2 eggs
1 cup fresh tomatoes
1 cup fresh or frozen okra
1 medium onion
1 to 2 tsp horseradish
1 cup cooked brown rice

Make into small patties and fry in olive oil.


Believe it or not, but they were good! So that's the mene. I'll toss in a salad and we will be good to go! I'll blog a post with pictures of the finished product later! :) Better get to cookin'!


No comments:

Total Pageviews

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Bible Image: Creation Swap | Coffee Image: Pixmac