Saturday, January 8, 2011

5 Things About Shopping for Clothes While Pregnant

Hooray! My closet is rejoicing and my body is overwhelmed with emotion. I finally got some blouses today!

....I know, a minor thing, right? Trust me... if you are pregnant or have ever been pregnant, you understand.

I will say, there are a few that things I have learned about shopping for clothes while pregnant. I will share them with you. They are:


1. Maternity clothes rarely cost the same as normal clothes. For some reason, they ("they" being the Powers That Be) decided that we, pregnant ladies, need to spend more money to wear their precious "maternity" clothing. As if we need to shell out more, what with all the diapers, wipes, clothes, furniture, hospital bills and the sheer amount that it takes to raise a child.

2. That being said, you don't necessarily have to buy "maternity clothes." You CAN just buy certain articles of clothing in a bigger size. (i.e.  if you are a size Small, try upping to a Medium or Large.)

3. When you take your husband with you, don't expect him to be enthusiastic about watching you scan every rack of clothes in the store and spending 30 minutes in the dressing room trying things on.

4. If you are fortunate enough to have a caring husband (like me!), do not take for granted the times when he consoles you after you realize just how big you are getting.

And, finally....

5. DO NOT take a skinny person with you!






No comments:

Total Pageviews

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Bible Image: Creation Swap | Coffee Image: Pixmac