Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Thy Will Be Mine

And shall I pray Thee change Thy will, my Father
Until it be according unto mine?
Ah! No, Lord, No, that never shall be! Rather
I pray Thee blend my human will with Thine.

I pray Thee hush the hurried, eager longings;
I pray Thee sooth the pangs of keen desire.
See, in my quiet places, wishes thronging,
Forbid them, Lord, purge, though it be with fire.

And work in me to will, and do Thy pleasure
'Til all within me, peaceful, reconciled,
Tarry content, my Well-Beloved's leisure;
At last, at last, even as a weaned child.

~ Amy Carmichael

Such profound words. Would that we all had that passionate desire to make our will melt with our King's Will. I often stand in awe wondering why God loves me so. Why would He want me?? Have you ever thought of that concept? Our Heavenly Father, the Creator of the Universe who threw the stars in space and spoke the planets into existence, the Only God and Holy One wants me! He doesn't need me, nor does He need anyone or anything, for our God is so high and pure and magnificent that He has no need of anything other than His Righteous Self. Yet...He wants me!! Why? I simply do not know for my faults are immense! I willingly refuse to yield and often find myself rebelling against His Will. I am impure and deserve the punishment Jesus Christ endured. And in spite of all I am, God wants me. My prayer today (and every day) is for Christ's consuming and purging fire to come and cleanse me and for Him to do a work in my life, blending all my desires and human nature into His.

Something to meditate on...

Ephesians 1:6 -
"To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved."


2 comments:

Kelli Stuart said...

I LOVE Amy Carmichael! "Lord make Your will my will" is a pet sentence prayer of mine, but I think the way she said it is infinitely more beautiful. I wish I could write like that.

Sarah said...

Excellent reminder! Thanks, Kris! :)

Total Pageviews

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Bible Image: Creation Swap | Coffee Image: Pixmac